Working for Incofin IM
Working for Incofin IM
We can describe our company and our employees with three key words: devoted, professional and dynamic.
- A devoted partner: We strive to build a long-term relationship with all our clients and with other stakeholders. This is why our employees treat them in an open and honest manner.
- Professional: Our employees have procedures and instruments at their disposal to work in an efficient way. They maintain close contacts with clients, investors and sector players such as raters and regulators.
- Dynamic: Incofin IM responds to the evolving needs of investors and microfinance institutions and is always willing to adapt its offer to the demand. Our employees react in a quick and flexible manner to changing expectations, procedures and legislation.
Our mission is to invest in companies in the financial sector, in order to generate developmental impact by increasing financial access for the poor, while generating an attractive return to our investors.
Our ethical code is centered around the double bottom line (social and financial results), professionalism and responsibility. We offer investors a fair return over the long term, but we also take into account environmental, social and governance criteria when it comes to investment decision-making. This way, we prioritize the interests of our company, our investors and our clients.
Incofin Investment Management (Incofin IM) is a licensed AIFM and international impact investor focused on mid-market private equity and debt investments in emerging countries. Incofin IM develops and advises funds investing mainly in microfinance institutions (MFIs) and agri-linked actors in developing countries. The investment funds make debt and equity investments in the portfolio companies targeting both financial and social return. The portfolio currently includes investments in 156 institutions in 47 countries worldwide.
The multinational Incofin IM team has offices in Antwerp (Belgium), Bogota (Colombia) Chennai (India), Nairobi (Kenya) and Phnom Penh (Cambodia). To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Risk-Compliance Officer who will be based in the head office in Antwerp and reports to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer.
Risk management responsibilities
• Responsible for implementing effective risk management policies and procedures, managing and monitoring all relevant risks within Incofin IM and the advised and managed funds;
• Assist with the preparation of credit reviews and the preparation of country, counterparty and transaction risk reviews (including microfinance, financial institutions and producer organizations);
• Assist in the preparation and organization of the Risk Management Committee (RMC) that includes amongst others assessing the risks associated with investments, markets/countries, operations, FX,… for the AUM. Providing recommendations to the RMC on further actions to deal with (expected) increased risks;
• Monitoring the investment portfolio, including financial performance as well as compliance with financial and social covenants; Performing portfolio concentration and portfolio quality assessment and reporting on it to the RMC;
• Assisting in the coordination of the recovery process of stressed transactions (including inter-creditor negotiation, collection management, execution of collateral & reporting on workout progress);
• Enhancing, developing, implementing and maintaining the risk management registers, policies, procedures and tools.
• Assist in controlling the implementation of the compliance related policies and procedures, performing checks and reporting on detected relevant risks within Incofin IM and the advised and managed funds;
• Be a point of contact to provide guidance on AML/KYC, Conflicts of Interest and other compliance related issues;
• Assist in the preparation and organization of the Compliance Committee meetings;
• Assist in the preparation and submission of the annual compliance reports and action plan for the regulator;
• Enhancing, developing, implementing and maintaining the compliance related registers, policies, procedures and tools.
• Internal training and awareness raising on the relevant policies and procedures
• Preferably Master Degree in Economics, Finance, Law or Business related
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the investment sector with:
o exposure to credit risk methodologies
o familiarity with key risk drivers in counterparty risk and portfolio management
o exposure to investment process and credit risk analysis is a plus
• Able to deal with legal, compliance & administrative matters associated with the function (legal & compliance experience is a plus)
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Solution and result-oriented
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to cope with stressful situations
• Able to work independently
• Occasional travel may be required
• Multilingual (English + one national language French or Dutch preferred, Spanish is a plus)
• Advanced use of office tools & Excel skills
If you are interested, please send your resume and motivation letter to Danielle Du Bois (Danielle.Dubois@incofin.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.