To strengthen our team we are looking for a Senior Equity Investment Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean. The person will be based out of the Bogota, Colombia office, but will extensively travel across the region.
- Develop investment pipeline to ensure timely deployment of investable funds:
- Lead the process of sourcing and screening of suitable growth equity investment opportunities in the region in the fields where Incofin is active (currently Inclusive Financial Institutions and agri/food Businesses)
- Build a network to facilitate deal sourcing and relationship building (potential) clients and other stakeholders, such co-investors and network players
- Lead Investment Appraisals / Completing Private Equity transactions:
- Perform due diligence and risks assessments
- Prepare investment presentations and present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee
- Negotiate and structure terms and conditions of equity investments, and ensure appropriate transaction documentation
- Conduct Investment monitoring and value creation activities including:
- Performing equity valuations and report on Equity investments to the different Incofin funds
- Monitoring investments at Shareholder and Board of Director levels, including taking up board seats
- Developing Technical Assistance or other capital plus elements to support the value creation to generate return for the funds.
- Effectively perform timely exit/sales processes of the existing equity portfolio
- Support Incofin’s LAC Equity business development, including supporting investment strategy development, fund structuring and fundraising.
- Advanced academic degree in finance / economics or equivalent by experience
- At least 7 years of conducting private equity transactions (at all stages) with a focus on the financial sector and agri/food businesses in emerging economies
- At least 5 years of work experience in different LAC Countries and very good understanding of business/investment context
- Strong proven experience with the different stages of equity investments: origination, appraisal, negotiation, execution, monitoring, exit
- Strong proven experience with different types of equity transactions: primary/secondary, minority/majority, M&A, early stage, expansion stage, etc.
- Strong proven experience with best practices in corporate governance, including Board director experience
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills, applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the Incofin goals
- Experience in structuring and developing equity investment funds
- Experience interacting with investors / fundraising
- Passionate and committed to inclusive progress and the Impact Investment Sector
- Entrepreneurial and action oriented, taking on new opportunities and challenges with high energy and self-motivation
- Drives results, strong organizational skills, commercial awareness, problem solver, making good and timely decisions to keep Incofin moving forward
- Collaborative team player, building partnerships with others to meet shared objectives
- Effective communication skills in a variety of communication settings and allowing to build strong customer relations and to conduct difficult negotiations
- Ability to travel extensively
- Required to be fully bilingual (English and Spanish). Other languages, such as French & Portuguese, would be an advantage
- A challenging assignment in a fast growing multicultural company
- A high degree of job satisfaction thanks to Incofin’s social commitment
- A competitive remuneration
- Ample opportunity to develop within a dynamic environment and based out of an emerging economy
Contact person and job application
Interested candidates can apply by sending their resume and a cover letter to David Dewez: email@example.com before April 30th 2019. Only applicants fulfilling with the required criteria will be considered and potentially contacted.