To strengthen our team we are looking for a legal officer with two to three years of professional experience in financial and corporate law. Based in Bogotá, Colombia. Fluent in English and Spanish.
You as junior legal officer will be part of the legal team and report to the chief legal officer (CLO). Currently the legal team is comprised of two members based in Antwerp, Belgium and one member in Bogotá, Colombia. You will be based in Bogotá, Colombia.
You will mainly work on investments (primarily debt and secondly equity) of the funds managed or advised by Incofin in a large number of countries across the world. In particular, you will provide legal advice with regard to the following topics:
- Financial law – transactional work: drafting and negotiating of senior loans, subordinated loans and trade finance loans, until the full closing of the relevant transaction. It will also include compliance with any local regulatory filings and/or requirements. Provide legal support within the framework of work-out cases.
- Corporate law: providing preliminary company and M&A advice in relation to investments in local companies’ equity; complying with any regulatory requirement and following-up on the completion of the transaction; corporate housekeeping related to the funds managed by Incofin.
- Registration of funds in the relevant countries, as well as dealing with the relevant local regulatory authorities to comply with the applicable regulations.
- Assisting the CLO in improving and completing the internal legal processes.
- Assisting the CLO with fund structuring and follow-up of legal developments related to financial regulations.
You hold a law degree (Licenciatura en Derecho) from a top university in Latin America and have an excellent academic record. You have two to three years of relevant working experience in the field of financial contracts and, ideally, in the regulatory aspects of the financial sector. You also have experience in general corporate law (including corporate housekeeping and exposure to M&A transactions).
You have excellent knowledge of English and Spanish.
You recognize yourself in the following description:
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and having a creative attitude to problem solving.
- A “can-do” mentality towards supporting new initiatives and resilient to stress.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Process-oriented: experience with legal processes, strong ability to think in terms of processes and their improvement.
- Passionate about Incofin’s business and excited by Incofin’s values and culture.
- Inclusive and a genuine team player.
- Integrity and high ethical standards.
- Sense of humour, highly developed social/emotional intelligence and good energy level.
- Sense of commitment towards company’s medium and long term objectives.
Incofin offers you a unique opportunity to work in the area of impact investments, in a dynamic, highly professional, multinational and multicultural environment.
- You will be able to make a difference by supporting organisations with a social objective and a positive impact all over the world.
- You will contribute to conclude transactions in multiple countries and you will deal with local professionals and investors and investees, as well as with authorities.
- You will receive a competitive remuneration package in accordance with your profile.