To strengthen our team we are looking for a legal officer with two to three years of professional experience. Based in Antwerp, Belgium. Fluent in English and French, knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
As legal officer you will be part of the legal team and report to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO). Currently the legal team is comprised of one member based in Antwerp, Belgium and two members in Bogotá, Colombia. You will be based in Antwerp.
- You will contribute to the growth of Incofin’s portfolio by
- Providing legal support and advice in respect of the mandates of Incofin as fund manager and investment advisor from a transactional and regulatory perspective
- Independently drafting and negotiating transactional documentation relating to debt and equity investments in emerging markets across the globe;
- Developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with the investment and operational teams within Incofin and with the teams of the funds managed or advised by Incofin; and
- Managing the relationship with a network of local external legal advisers in various jurisdictions.
- Contributing to the development and promotion of legal standards within Incofin by:
- Building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training of the investment and operational teams within Incofin
- Taking leadership in the creation and/or improvement of legal templates
- Assisting the CLO in the improvement of internal process relating to the documentation and disbursement of investments
- Taking leadership in the corporate housekeeping and governance of the management companies of Incofin and the funds managed or advised by Incofin.
- Contributing to the business and fund development activities by Incofin by:
- Assisting the CLO in the structuring of funds and facilities
- Drafting and negotiating the documentation relating to funds and facilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Law degree from a European top university and an excellent academic record
- 2-3 years relevant working experience in banking and financial law (transactional and/or regulatory), corporate law and M&A
- Excellent knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and a creative attitude to problem solving
- A “can do”-mentality towards supporting new initiatives and resilient to stress
- Strong negotiating skills
- Process-oriented: experience with legal processes, strong ability to think in terms of processes and their improvement.
- Passionate about Incofin’s business and excited by Incofin’s values and culture
- Inclusive and a genuine team player
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Sense of humour, highly developed social/emotional intelligence and good energy level
- Sense of commitment towards Incofin’s medium and long term objectives
What we offer
Incofin offers a unique opportunity to work in the area of impact investments, in a dynamic, highly professional, multinational and multicultural environment. You will be able to make a difference by supporting organisations with a social objective and a positive impact all over the world.
You will contribute to conclude transactions in various emerging markets and you will deal with local professionals, investors and investees, as well as with governmental authorities.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package in accordance with your profile.
Contact person and job application
Interested candidates can apply by sending their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.