To strengthen our team we are looking for an Equity Investment Manager focused on Financial Services and Safe Water based in Cambodia (Phnom Penh Office). He/She will define and lead the multi-sector equity investment portfolio with a specific focus on Financial Services and Safe Water in East and South East Asia, in order to maximize the investors value and contribute to a more inclusive society.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- As part of a specific investment mandate related to access to safe drinking water, you’ll work closely with the Fund Manager to develop a “Safe Water” investment strategy (global) and build a relevant pipeline in East and South East Asia.
- As part of several investment mandates in Financial Services, you manage the existing equity portfolio, and
develop the equity investment portfolio in East and South East Asia to generate return and social impact to
the investment funds.
- These roles include:
- Design and refine investment strategies, including investment process templates, etc.
- Work on marketing materials (pitch deck, business plan, excel based financial model, etc.) for fundraising and support to the Fund Manager/ Business Development team.
- Build a strong network to facilitate deal sourcing with (potential) clients and other stakeholders such as co-investors and network players.
- Identify equity investment prospects and build pipeline to generate portfolio to the investment funds expected
- Analyze financial statements, business plans and assess financial projections as inputs for decision making for the investment team
- Lead the due diligence of possible investment prospects with the purpose of preparing an investment proposal to the investment committee
- Lead negotiations of investment conditions (i.e. prices, shareholder rights, representation in corporate government) looking forward in obtaining the best financial and social returns for the investors.
- Present and defend proposals before the investment committees to obtain and execute its approvals.
- Lead the closing of transactions, together with the legal department (contracts), to assure that the conditions agreed are included in the documents.
- Manage the equity investments through the participation in board of directors and/or shareholders assemblies to maximize the investment value as well as monitoring of investment performance. Bring in technical assistance or other capital plus elements to support the value creation.
- Lead timely exit of equity investments to generate value to the investors
- Keep abreast of economic, financial and political developments in the region
- Provide necessary support to debt investment team
- Collaborate within and across regions to pursue the best standards in PE practice
- Represent Incofin before different stakeholders to support the positioning of the company’s brand.
- Along with the Impact Taskforce Team, you lead social impact value creation of existing investees in order to contribute to Fund’s relevant UN SDG goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in finance / economics or related field
- At least 7 years experience within the investment field (multi-sector), transaction experience from origination to exit, board and shareholder representations. Extensive network of potential investees. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in the water sector.
- Know-how of equity portfolio management, investment strategy development, people management and external exposure to local authorities. Deep knowledge of Asian economies required.
- Excellent business analysis and accounting/financial skills
- Passionate about investing in underserved segments and its potential to solve real problems
- Hands-on, analytical, empathetic and creative
- Proficient in MS Office and particularly in financial modelling in MS Excel.
- Good in assessing people and their skills.
- Good communication skills
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Willingness for up to 50% of travel time
- Effective communication skills in a variety of communication settings and allowing to build strong customer relations and to conduct difficult negotiations
- Ability to travel extensively
- Required to be fully bilingual (English and Spanish). Other languages, such as French & Portuguese, would be an advantage
- Very clear cultural and professional fitness with Incofin’s vision and mission
- Outspoken commercial talent to deal with investors and able to transmit the enthusiasm of investing in inclusive business solutions.
- Inclusive and genuine team player, who avoids self-promotion
- Adhere to high ethical standards