Investment Manager debt Agribusiness
For the African Region
Latin America Incofin Investment Management (Incofin IM) is an international impact investor with more than 15 years of track record in promoting financial inclusion, particularly in rural areas and in the agricultural sector. Incofin IM develops and manages funds that invest mainly in financial institutions specialized in microfinance and SME finance in developing countries. The investments of Incofin IM target both financial and social & environmental returns. The assets under management by Incofin IM amount to 1 billion Dollars. The portfolio under management includes investments in more than 150 institutions in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Incofin IM is one of the fastest growing fund managers in the area of microfinance and agribusiness. The multi-national Incofin IM team has offices in Antwerp (Belgium), Bogotá (Colombia), Chennai (India), Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Nairobi (Kenya).
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an Agro/food Investment Manager for Africa, who will be based in the office in Nairobi.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify debt investment prospects in Africa in the agricultural and agri-food value chains and with a special focus on companies or associations related to smallholder farmers and food security/nutrition.
- Lead the due diligence of investment prospects, with the purpose of preparing proposals for the investment committees.
- Lead the negotiations of investment conditions, with the objective of obtaining the best return on investment for the Funds.
- Present and defend proposals before the investment committees to obtain their approval.
- Lead the closing of transactions, together with Incofin IM’s legal department, to assure that the conditions agreed are included in the contracts.
- Lead the investment monitoring to assure quality in the investment portfolio and on-time repayment of loan obligations.
- Originate and monitor the debt investment pipeline in order to assure the execution of the investment allocation goals for the Agri-finance and agri-food portfolio.
- Represent Incofin IM at conferences and similar events that assist with marketing the firm and portfolio origination efforts.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics with specialization/experience/interest in agribusiness
- Technical domain of debt investment
- Fluent in English; bilingual English and French would be an advantage
- Good IT user skills (excellent knowledge of MS Office)
- 3-5 years of experience in working in the agribusiness/agrifood; ideally in debt investments and/or Technical Assistance
- Deep knowledge of the African context
Important notice: Only candidates fulfilling these criteria will be contacted.
- A challenging assignment in a fast-growing, multicultural investment manager
- A high degree of job satisfaction thanks to Incofin IM’s social commitment
- A competitive remuneration
- Ample opportunity to develop within a dynamic professional environment, and based in one of the fastest growing, dynamic capitals in Africa
Contact person and job application:
All interested candidates need to send their CV as well as a cover/motivation letter to David Dewez (email@example.com) before March 15th, 2020.