Incofin Investment Management (Incofin) is looking to hire an interim legal officer with two to three years of professional experience. Based in Bogotá, Colombia. Fluent in English and Spanish, knowledge of French is desirable. The duration of this interim assignment is from now until 31 December 2020.
Incofin Investment Management is a leading international impact investment company focused on investing in dynamically managed enterprises in emerging countries. Driven by a strong interest of business solution that promotes inclusive progress, Incofin wants to improve the lives of the more vulnerable or less privileged people. By doing so, Incofin is committed to deliver attractive returns to its investors. The company has more than 18 years of experience in dealing with risk capital in the form of debt and equity investments and currently has approx. USD 1.1 billion committed assets under management. Incofin has a loyal investor base comprising leading development funds, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, alternative investment funds, high net worth and retail investors.
Incofin has an international team of approx. 60 people, including approx. 30 investment professionals, spread across its regional teams. The management team combines 40+ years of impact investing experience and has built a strong network linking reputed investors to high potential investees. Incofin is AIFM licensed and its shareholders include staff (85%) and Incofin CVSO (15%).
All of Incofin’s activities come under the umbrella of strong values and purpose. Incofin commits to the highest professional standards and ethical values and goals.
Job description and requirements
You as interim legal officer will be part of the legal team and report to the chief legal officer (CLO). Currently the legal team is comprised of one member based in Antwerp, Belgium and two members in Bogotá, Colombia. You will be based in Bogotá, Colombia. Your role and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Contributing to the growth of Incofin’s portfolio by:
- providing legal support and advice in respect of the mandates of Incofin as fund manager and investment advisor from a transactional and regulatory perspective;
- independently drafting and negotiating transactional documentation relating to debt and equity investments in emerging markets across the globe;
- developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with the investment and operational teams within Incofin and with the teams of the funds managed or advised by Incofin; and
- managing the relationship with a network of local external legal advisers in various jurisdictions.
- Contributing to the development and promotion of legal standards within Incofin by:
- building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training of the investment and operational teams within Incofin;
- taking leadership in the creation and/or improvement of legal templates;
- assisting the CLO in the improvement of internal process relating to the documentation and disbursement of investments; and
- taking leadership in the corporate housekeeping and governance of the management companies of Incofin and the funds managed or advised by Incofin.
- Contributing to the business and fund development activities of Incofin by:
- assisting the CLO in the structuring of funds and facilities; and
- drafting and negotiating the documentation relating to funds and facilities.
You hold a law degree from a top university in Colombia and have an excellent academic record. You have two to three years of relevant working experience in banking and financial law (transactional and/or regulatory), corporate law and M&A.
You have excellent knowledge of English and Spanish, knowledge of French is desirable.
You recognize yourself in the following description:
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and having a creative attitude to problem solving.
- A “can-do” mentality towards supporting new initiatives and resilient to stress.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Process-oriented: experience with legal processes, strong ability to think in terms of processes and their improvement.
- Passionate about Incofin’s business and excited by Incofin’s values and culture.
- Inclusive and a genuine team player.
- Integrity and high ethical standards.
- Sense of humour, highly developed social/emotional intelligence and good energy level.
- Sense of commitment towards Incofin’s medium and long term objectives.
Incofin offers you a unique opportunity to work in the area of impact investments, in a dynamic, highly professional, multinational and multicultural environment.
You will be able to make a difference by supporting organisations with a social objective and a positive impact all over the world.
You will contribute to conclude transactions in various emerging markets and you will deal with local professionals, investors and investees, as well as with governmental authorities.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package in accordance with your profile.